Thursday, May 7, 2009

Genesis 2 and 3

The bible says he blew into the nostrils and the breath came out making life. Isn't that like CPR. I mean you go in the mouth but on an infant you go to the nose and mouth. I wonder if the person that invented CPR read the bible first. Probably a random question.

Comic note: I'm very thankful we don't have to physically get a rib from our husbands to be married! Although maybe more people would think twice about getting married. Or think twice about divorce.

Serpent is the word for the devil coming into the garden and suggesting Eve eat the fruit. Yesterday at the arboretum a snack was on the rocks by where we feed the turtles. I screamed and jumped! I know the friends I was with thought I was insane but there is a reason why we fear those things! They are evil!

I remember the first time I read "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing.....by the sweat of your brow you will eat your food" Two things that we all complain about or talk about. People are always complaining about their jobs and working to make ends me (me included!!). You tell your war stories of childbirth. It's so common.

We are timid all the time to do things we shouldn't. Or we have been told not to do! Today my example was with Kylie. She was told over and over to stop putting rocks in her mouth. I know she is only 14 months old but I made her go inside and didn't let her go back outside all night. She was so upset. She laid on the floor crying and threw her cup at me. I think it's amazing that Adam and Eve didn't try to get out it. They said this is what happen and were honest.

Praises

I got my tee ball list today. I am excited to coach again. last year I wasn't very excited and just had a bad feeling in my tummy. I thought these poor kids are getting the one person in america that knows nothing about tee ball. But it was actually a lot of fun. All year I have seen the kids from last years team and they come running HI HI HI. It's so neat! I think everyone should coach their kids team at least once.

My grandma said she is feeling okay today not in pain from her surgery. Monday we should know results.

Big Prayer Request

My mother is not any better. They are moving her to my Grandma's this weekend. It's hard to handle for me. I want to say that I'm thinking about her all the time and I want to say that I am calling all the time to check on her but I'm not. I am so scared to get close to her again. I just can't bring myself to be there and comfort her. I have been hitting ignore when she calls. I listen to the voicemail and I just can't call her back. Her words are so weird sounding. If I call her back then I'm opening my heart again and I'm struggling with this. I know what I SHOULD do. I know that it's not christian of me to act this way to anyone let alone my mother. The doctors said she may never recover completely. They want her to keep doing physical and speech therapy but it may never help. I know miracles happen. The last time she saw my girls we were leaving a birthday party and she was late and just showed up. I was rude to her. I told her we had to leave and really we had nothing to get home to we were just tired from being there for a while. The time before that she came to Kirsten and Kylie's birthday. The girls played with her then and they had a good time. She may never get to do that with them. I don't even know how to tell them we are going to visit Grandma Shari but she can't hold you and can't get down on teh floor with you. She can't take you to the barn to see the animals. It just freaks me out. I think my biggest problem is that I'm selfish. I think about all the times she didn't call me all the times she didn't write me for months not even check on me. I have said I forgive her and I have really thought I meant it but I still have this grudge. I don't know how to get that feeling of hurt out of my head. She couldn't be there when I was sick and puking I had to have my Grandma. She couldn't be there when I had to get stitches. Yet I'm supposed to rush to help her?? I am being so selfish. I need to work on this. I really need to work on it. I don't know where to start. I rushed to the hospital because I felt so guilty that if she would have been more serious that day how would I feel if my mom died and I didn't fully forgive her. Now I have time to do this and I am being a 12 year old about it. Please pray for me that I can figure this out before it's to late.

My other prayer is for my Aunt Shawn and Cousin Dustin. Shawn is my mom's sister and she helped raise me. When my mom would go get high or drunk and I was a baby to 7 years old Shawn is the one that kept me safe and kept me fed. Dusty has always been like a little brother. He is leaving Sunday morning for Marine Boot Camp. He feels lead to do this. He wants to grow up he says. He wants to be a man. He goes to California and we won't see him until August. Shawn has another son in middle school. She is so scared of the next chapter in their lives.

1 comment:

  1. You make some very interesting and thoughtful comments about these chapters. God obviously knew how important every breath is to us--and He gave us the first! Imagine getting CPR from God! What a great image.
    Adam and Eve tried to blame each other and the serpent when they got caught--but they took their punishment without fighting back, as we love so much to do. If I could just learn from my mistakes instead of arguing or rationalizing why they weren't so bad I would be much farther in my relationship with God. :)
    I will be in prayer for your situation with your mom. I can only imagine how difficult a place you are in. Sounds like you've been through a lot in the past and there's no easy way to just make that go away. I will pray that God will give you the ability to forgive--and let go. Not saying what she has done was OK, but giving it to God and letting Him cleanse you for the sin done against you, and her for the sins she committed. I applaud your desire to move forward, not dwell in the past. But I also know that is easier said than done. Keep pressing forward!

    ReplyDelete